By Hannah Suroy-Suroy and Jericho Calanog
Tired of the busy, noisy and loud sounds of the city? Missing the relaxing comforts of home? Stressed out and wants a bit of time for yourself? Well, listen to mellow music and find your music haven.
Mellow music, or most commonly known as chill-out music, is a sub genre of electronic music specifically characterized with mid-tempo beats and mellow styles. Chill-out was derived from the slang word “relax”.
It emerged in the early and mid-1990s in dance clubs where there is a provided corner called “chill rooms” where relaxing music were played as an escape from the fast tempo music on the dance floor.
Generally tonal, relaxing and sometimes, psychedelic, people are said to have trouble concentrating and staying awake due to its very effective soothing ability.
The complete ambiance of this genre helps people relax from the hectic dance vibes and deep metal basses and just chill-out.
Do you know that mellow music actually predicts people’s ability to connect with people? On a research done about the effects of music preferences to people’s personalities, results says that listeners who love slow, mellow have more emphatic abilities than others.
It seems like being chill and relaxed helps us relate more to other people and understand them.
So, jump start your day along with various melody songs while having a cup of hot drink or even while having a long ride, reminisce those sweet moments with your loved ones or friends and escape struggles as these melody songs from 1990s to 2000s sets the chilling vibe for you leaving a hint or maybe a bunch of teardrop in your eyes.
Here are some our top 10 melody songs for your melodic craving earbuds:
#10 Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
– With its perfectly written lyrics and astounding repetition of chorus sets massive impact of message to those who will be able to listen and relate with it.
#09 End of the Road by Boyz II Men
- A melody song mixed with a pinch of R&B, struggles of being together forever? Have a guess!
#08 Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton
- To those who are hoping they would come back: “Say you love me again.”
#07 How Am I Supposed to Live Without You by Michael Bolton
- After hoping for the best to happen and for the worst result he/she didn’t… Tell me how am I supposed to live without you?
#06 Love Will Lead You Back by Taylor Dayne
- And you just grown roots while waiting for him/her to come back. Perfect spear-like piercing melody and lyrics.
#05 Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey
- Move on and be healed with this music.
#04 Live and Learn by Joe Public
- Continue to live and learn from that heartbreak, music to pump-up that stone heart.
#03 One Last Cry by Brian McKnight
– Eyes will start to get teary after listening to Brian McKnight’s soulful voice about moving on.
#02 I’ll Be by Edwin McCain
- Tougher than ever, be your friends crying shoulder.
#01 Quit Playing Games by Backstreet Boys
- Enough of those love games cause you are a strong independent person. R&B with a grasp of melody.
Enough of the life pleasing others and live your life on how you wanted it to be. Ready? Headset Go!